The First Baptism!


This week was weird, but great.
Things get weird with the smartphones because it can be such an amazing tool, but it's also this terrible temptation and distraction. It's definitely difficult, but we are doing well with it.

I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!!!!!!
It was a husband, wife, and daughter who got baptized on Saturday!! They are the cutest and sweetest family, and they are my favorite. They asked me to speak at their baptism, and so I did. There were a bunch of returned missionaries who came to see the baptism, so my companion was freaking out because she saw all of her old companions. I talked with the little kids. 
Everyone said that my talk on the Holy Ghost was extremely powerful so, *shrugs* what can I say?

We are getting a new ward mission leader, which is extremely sad, because we love Brother Mooney and his dog and the fact that he always gives us ice cream. He is my favorite, and he performed the baptism on Saturday!
His puppy is really fat, and we love her.

I tried bananas on my pb&j for the first time.... It good.

We had a bit of a "scary" thing happen this week. Our investigator, Donna, who I told you was doing so well, called us and told us that she didn't want anything to do with the church, and not to contact her again. We gave her space and time, but every time we drove by her house, there were terrible vibes coming from it. Right after she dropped us, she had a stroke and was sent to the hospital. This was Wednesday. We had some members contact her, but she didn't want anything to do with them. Then on Friday, the most saint-like lady from our ward went to go help her, and Donna said that she missed us. 
We got a call from her on Saturday, and she was in tears apologizing. We went over to her house, and she explained that she was confused 24 hours before and after her stroke, so it wasn't actually her when she dropped us. She wouldn't stop crying, and she asked us why she didn't feel God when she was in the hospital, when she was praying with all her might. 
We taught her as best we could, but we encouraged her to pray on it. 
She can't do anything for a while because of her stroke, so we cleaned her room and put on bible videos.
Later on, we all prayed together because I found her bible that she thought she threw away. In her prayer, she said that she could now see that God was with her that night in the Hospital. It just took some time to realize it.

I am currently "sick," but it's like an earache/headache/strep kind of sick. So we are going to rest for a little bit, go out and change lives, and then if I'm dead in the morning they'll know something is wrong.

I bought ALL of the left over Easter chocolate... and I ate it all..... it was good.

Sister Morgan and I have been growing closer as companions and as friends. We had a little sit down and discussed somethings that each other did that weren't in harmony with the Spirit. It wasn't rude, it was honesty, and we have improved and grown so much from it. 

A Jewish lady invited us over for her Satyr.... she loves cross-stitch

We also saw a car that had bullet holes in it, and the former drug dealer that we've been teaching is speaking at our fireside!!
I love my mission.

Send me your addresses so I can send letters to y'all!


QQs:

"He eats vegetables, but he eats cheesecake to." - a mom talking about her fat baby

"The snakes have manners there. They shake their tails and let you know that they are there." - Gordon (now Brother Capurro) on rattlesnakes

"He went in, killed the dude, got the plates and was like "sup"" - Brother Capurro summarizing the story of Nephi to his niece and nephew

"I never met a woman as smooth talking as me." -our "durg dealer"

"You could talk the hair off a bear!"
"Poor Bear."

"I'm doing my cross-stitch." - Sister Morgan

"Not a big deal just kind of a big deal." - Sister Morgan


I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts