Ashley Versus a Pit Bull. I bet you can guess who won.

I feel bad because I didn't tell y'all everything from last week. So here we go.

Nevada.
The first thing that we saw when we walked out of the airport were slot machines.
Nevada.
Nobody's house is clean.
I swear that these people don't throw anything away. You just see their homes and you feel bad. But the people are amazing. 
There are a lot of smokers, and I can't stand the smell of smoke, so there's that.
Nevada.
Everyone has a dog and I love it.
Nevada.
There are some creeps here. Just sayin. 

But Nevada is amazing. We meet the coolest people here. I've been better at speaking to people about Jesus Christ, and I love the people that I meet. They are super sweet and they can definitely tell that there is something else to us because they always invite us in. And they always let me pet their dogs. So that makes me super happy. The one that stood out to me the most was this lady named Sammi. We had an amazing conversation with her just in front of her house. It's all because of her dog. We were just passing by, the door opened and there was a dog. Then the dog wasn't there anymore. The dog was jumping on me. It gave me such a heart attack because I have never seen anything in my life move so fast (expect maybe me when I'm running away from a life of death situation). But her pit-bull dog was super cute and super sweet. So we just talked with her.

I also finally got to bike this week! Then we got stormed out. Sister Morgan and I were so determined to bike all week, but then a rainstorm hit. Then a snowstorm. And the weather just told us no. So I'm upset. Just a little.

But since it snowed, we decided to grab shovels and clear the snow off of people's sidewalks and driveways. We had one of our investigators join us, and he is just the coolest dude ever. He gave us sparkling cider, and we took away his "wine saying" that he had hanging up. But this guy is awesome. He came with us to a lesson for some less actives, and he invited them to church. A guy - who is not even a member - invited less actives to church. It was amazing. He also shared his story on how he quit tobacco, because the lady would smoke. He told her how he would chew tobacco equivalent to smoking 3-4 pack a day, and how he quit. It was a perfect lesson.

We taught a Jewish lady who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, but she's been reading the Book of Mormon and she's really liking it. So we've got her. She just doesn't realize it yet. *insert evil laugh* (but not too evil, because I'm representing Jesus).

Sister Morgan and I sang in church together, and everybody was moved to tears. One of our investigators stood up and started clapping. Only then did we realize that we should have taught him that he shouldn't do that.... so...

We've been teaching a Hispanic lady (who reminds me a lot of Lauren ;)) and usually the missionaries can't get in a word, but we compared her life to Joseph Smith, and she was super invested and let us teach her. 

Miracles. Are. The. Greatest.
Go on a mission and you can make them.

All of the kids here are adorable and draw us pictures. I shall take a picture for next week and show you our wall. 

Life as a missionary is amazing because you can receive revelation anytime. We've been working on asking inspired questions from God, and it's so cool because you just trust in the Holy Ghost and it comes. The Spirit is amazing and I have such a strong testimony on it's workings and teachings. I have already seen this church change people's lives for the better.

I am going to issue a little challenge for everyone. It's called the Book of Mormon initiative. It's where you read the Book of Mormon for someone else. You read it with them in mind and mark scriptures that you think will help them or stand out to them. And then, you give it to them. It's super cool, and I'm doing it even though I don't have anytime. But the person that I'm doing it for means a lot to me, so they are worth it.

I hope that everyone has the best week ever. 
We wake up every day and say that, and at first I thought it was cheesier than the Doritos I have waiting for me in the car, but I've learned that everything is about attitude. So I say it all the time, and it always ends up being true, because I make it the best day ever.

QQs:

Capurro: Can I do that?
Mooney: *turns to him* I don't know
Capurro: You're the oldest person here! If you don't know then no one knows!

"We do it to remember Jesus." - Sister Morgan
"I love lego pieces!" - Dash
(he heard differently)

"What's more depressing than eating a bunch of leaves?" - Sister Morgan on salads

"Apricot trees are stupid!" - Mooney

"When a guy tries to put the moves on you - Mosiah 13:3 *flips open BOM* TOUCH ME NOT, FOR GOD SHALL SMITE YOU IF YE LAY YOUR HANDS UPON ME!" - Sister Morgan's dating advice


- Sister Porcelli

Comments

Popular Posts