Vaping, Cats, and Haircuts - Settling in to Nevada





We met  guys named Jim and Drew who were smoking, vaping, and and drinking, but Jim is interested and said he wants to barbecue for us. He offered us a drink. Thank heavens it was water.

Another person thought I was 13 years old.... actually 2 people

It was Sister Morgan's birthday, and everyone celebrated it. It was great, and we got cake, and brownies, and more cake, and I have already gained 20 lbs on my mission..... send help.

Our investigator Jessica came to church and she loved it! She also came to a fireside that night, and she told us that she didn't sleep at all the night before, and was going to take a nap, but she didn't want to miss the opportunity. She is super sweet, and calls us "darlin'" and "sistas". She is amazing, and has the cutest cats. One of them fell asleep on my and I felt so good.

We also contacted a referral named Keith, and his mom is wanting to sit in during the discussions. Praying that all will be well there.

The biggest thing that we are noticing is people not coming to church, and not receiving the blessings of going. Seriously.... people. Including whoever is reading this. Go to church.
There is a man who wears a helmet because he has chronic seizures, and he doesn't have to come to church, but HE DOES!!!

We all spoke on Sunday, because we did an "invite a friend to church day" and that went pretty well.

I pet so many dogs this week

We cut our companion's hair really short, and her mom is kind of upset about it. It is hilarious!

We bike a lot, and I feel like a missionary. Took a while, but I can't believe I've almost been out for 4 months! My companions refuse to talk about how long they've been out, because no one wants to go home.

I've also made a new Facebook account for my mission, because Harry Potter things keep popping up on my old feed 😬

My mission is the greatest thing ever. I have never been so grateful for anything in my life, because I  get to teach what I know about Jesus Christ's Atonement, and how He feels what I feel, and knows how to best help comfort me.

Missions are the best, especially when there are so many great missionaries surrounding you.

Mail
634 9th street #204
Sparks, NV 89431

I love you all, and wish you the best!!


Quotable Quotes:

"Just dip it in garlic powder - it's the same!" - Sister Morgan on fundip

"I'm Italian, so I drink coffee."
"I'm Italian and I don't drink coffee"
- myself and a 4 year old boy named Alex

"I'm done with you. D-U-N." - Elder Palmer

"A little girl called me a hippo because I was fat" - Sister Morgan

Comments

Popular Posts