Answers and Roadkill



There is true roadkill everywhere. A member always feeds us roadkill.... He's great.

I finally have pictures to share so everyone can see the beauty of Spring Creek, and they can see the severeness of my allergies as well.

We found 3 new investigators this week, and it's amazing because of how small Spring Creek is, so we are super blessed to find people who are prepared.

There is Jaylie. She is a 9 year old girl who wants to be baptized, so we're working with her.
There is Jeri. Her wife passed away a few months ago, but we have always done service for her. We stopped by one night, and we were telling her about relying on God, and she said that she wanted unshakable faith like ours. So we are now teaching her. 
And there's Megan. She is a single mom who just adopted another baby boy, and she is looking for peace and happiness, and she wants to learn more.

We committed an man named Jim to be baptized on July 21st. It's incredible because he has been investigating the church for 10 years. We are praying for him constantly, and praying that he receives an answer. Please pray for Jim.

There was also a cool miracle that happened. A little girl got lost at the Marina, so we decided to help look, and we said a prayer that she would be able to find good people who could bring her safely back. We drove around and found a little girl and she said that she saw her only 2 minutes ago. The time that we prayed. She was picked up by some neighbors and taken back to the marina.

Prayers are truly answered. They may not come that quickly always, but they will come in time.
I learned a lot about that this week. There is something that I have been praying on for a while, and still haven't received a full answer. I've gotten bits and pieces of it.
There was a discussion in Relief Society on Sunday, and we were talking about receiving answers through the Holy Ghost. While we were talking, some women said that they didn't receive their answers all at once.
It reminded me of the video "The Hope of God's Light." (If you haven't seen it yet, I would exhort you [beg of you] to go and watch it right now.) Todd, the man who it is about, said that he didn't get his answer all at once. God gave him what he could handle at that time.

This was an answer to my prayer, knowing that I need to wait patiently for it so I can receive it when I am fully ready. All I can do now is prepare myself. It's just like the first vision, how Joseph said that the light gradually descended until it fell upon me.

There were several other things that I learned that Sunday.

1. When you think to reach out to someone REACH OUT!!! 
It is always a prompting until proven otherwise. 
You never know how much it can mean to someone, until you do it.

2. Sacrifice your time for others. Often when you are "too busy" to reach out to that person, is the time they need you the most. Thomas S. Monson got a prompting to leave in the middle of a meeting. JUST DO IT!

3. Accept Correction and obey.
This one is hard. Nobody likes to be corrected, but things happen. Accept correction from your Heavenly Father, and those who are trying to help you, but they are doing it out of love and not anger or spite. You should never correct people out of annoyance.

Anger is a secondary emotion that is not necessary, and it is something that we choose to feel.
Think about how many times you choose to be angry or upset at someone. Replace that with love. Be like the Savior.


I love you all! I hope you're ALL accepting the challenge to give up social media for 7 days. Not just the youth. Adults have that problem too....mom.

My new address is:
233 Croydon Court
Spring Creek, NV 89815

and for packages or when in doubt, send to:
1146 Sparks NV, 89431

QQs:
"Only 4 people liked it. You brats." - Sister McCray about our post on Facebook

"Is there anything we can do for you?"
"Send us a package of candy."
"Olay! what do you like?.... Wait! That's apostate!!!"
- myself and Elder Hambrecht

"Whose clothes are these on my toilet?! On my throne?!?!" - Sister McCray

Comments

Popular Posts