Craziest Week



Craziest week!

I got transferred to a town in Elko called Spring Creek. It is literally 4 hours from my house.... So that should be more convenient for people to write to me *wink wink*

But Spring Creek is gorgeous! My new companion is Sister McCray! She is 6 feet tall, and that is always a great conversation starter! But she told me that she had been praying for someone that she knew, so I was very humbled by that. And her height.

We got to meet a lot of incredible members! Everyone is very supportive of the missionaries, and they love to feed us too much. I had 3 steaks last night. They were so good. I could have had more, but then the Elders walked into the member's home.. Darn elders. But it's okay because I also ate 3 cookies. (and people wonder why I look pregnant.)

Our apartment is super nice, and we have a marina that we walk around every morning to exercise. It. Is. Beautiful. This place is so different compared to Sparks. It is full of nature and kindness. It is amazing. Although I was traumatized on my first day because I saw a crow attacking a pigeon that it nearly beheaded. That was sad. But we have a host family named the Bailey's, and Sister Bailey told me to watch out for her dog because she doesn't like people and will nip, but the dog came right up to me and kissed me, then sat on my lap. She was incredibly impressed and didn't know what to say. That felt pretty good, and made my love for animals grow.

Sister McCray is awesome, and she is super good with the members. One of the members who fed us kept trying to make excuses to not share his testimony (mostly joking), and I told him "Out of the 160+ hours that we have in a week, we are asking you to take 3 minutes to share your testimony." And he look at my companion and said "She is the child of Darth Vader." But then I told him that that would make me Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker, so I'm a good guy, and I outsmarted him and he said, "You're evil, You have an evil look in your eye." But now we are Jedi Missionaries. So things are pretty great.

We helped a lady named Jeri, and taught a man named Shannon.... Everyone's names are slightly messed up. But I love it.

I have already learned so much being here. It is fantastic, and It feels like I am becoming my own missionary.

One talk that stood out to me this week was Elder Zivic's talk from this last General Conference. Go and read it. It's a good story.

I don't have a whole lot of time, so things are a bit brief.

My new address is :

and packages are still sent to 
1146 Sparks, NV 89431

Okay, and it appears that I can't send pictures right now, so I shall do so next week! Sorry!

QQs:
"I have my friend. - Jesus!" - Sister McCray

"You'll show up, and I'll be in tights and a dress. Now we're all comfortable!"
"That would make me uncomfortable."
- Brother Stock and I

"They're as flaky as buttermilk biscuits." - elders talking about some people

"I love Trumpy Bear!" - a little kid that turned his teddy bear into Donald Trump and loves it.


I love you all!!! Stay amazing!!

Comments

Popular Posts