Sister Gray Got Hugged by a Drunk Man



I'm getting Transferred! 
And Sister Gray is training! She just got done being trained by me!

I'm going back to Sparks, and I'm going to be in a biking area with Sister Merrick!!!!!!!!!!
We have been temporary companions before, but we always said that we were going to be companions one day!

Definitely had an interesting week, but it's full of crazy miracles.

Details on my current area:
It's cold.... yes. It is cold in Northern Nevada. It is just like Utah, expect a lot drier.
The houses here are about 100 feet apart.
Everybody goes to bed once it gets dark (4:30), and people ask us what we're doing out at "this time of night" and it is literally 6:00 dude.... 
It's the mining schedule. It. Sucks.

People we're teaching:
John - a 9th grader whose friend passed away by suicide, and his parents are getting a divorce. It's sad situation, but he is the sweetest kid ever. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, and he said he believed it! He is so special, and we are just continuing to pray for him and teach him.

Aspen - A cute 11 year old who wants to be baptized, but her biological mom is pressuring her about why she wants to be baptized, so Aspen doesn't feel like she can be baptized. So we committed her to pray that her mom's heart will be softened so she can get baptized. If you pray for anything, please pray for this.

Crazy Jenny - her brother just passed away, and we are trying to help her.

Crazy things:
  1. Relief Society got really awkward because they were talking about how people don't marry very young anymore, and how they wait until they're 26 or something...... it. was. awkward. There were some really old fashioned people there, and one of them said, "Guys these days, you ask them what they want to do after their mission, and they say that they want to go and get an education, and then find a woman who also has a good education so they can help support their family." and I was thinking, that's what I want, and then the lady said, "HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?!?!" So we just left and went to Young Womens....
  2. We went over to some potentials, and they asked us if we wanted a dog, and I thought they were joking, but they actually tried to give it to us. And the dad was hilarious, but also drunk, and he used a few swear words to describe how awesome members of our church are, and he is like, "Those are some dang good people." Except he didn't say dang..... And then he made us some italian sausage patties, and then accidentally side hugged Sister Gray, and we're like - No- and he's like - oh!
  3. It was 7 degrees last night
  4. I am way more awkward than I originally thought I was. 
  5. I am leaving my area after 6 months, and I don't want my mission to end because I'm about to reach 9 months, and I am freaking out.

So that's my week!

Letters and Packages!:
1146 Prater Way
Sparks, NV 89431

QQs:

"The temple is where you go to get sealed forever! And then you make babies!" - a 9 yr old kid at dinner

"If I gain 100lbs on my mission, I am going to cry and get weight loss surgery." - me

Comments

Popular Posts