Happy Easter! Don't 'overtalk' people out of the gospel. Let Jesus guide...








!Sooooo this week was interesting.... and a bit long.

But General Conference was the BOM.com
Our soon to be mission president - Taylor Godoy - spoke, and literally all of the missionaries spazzed out. It was great.

We got smartphones this week, and my companion didn't like them and we didn't feel concentrated using Facebook at first... It's weird, but they have funny emojis.

Easter was absolutely splendid. We went around visiting investigators, watched General Conference with less actives, and had really good food, and now I have all of the discounted Easter chocolate. *evil grin*

I did my first exchange this week, and it was well needed after the lesson we had the day before. The exchange helped me cool down and laugh things off, but oh it is quite a story.

We taught the Law of Chastity to an investigator so he could be baptized on April 6th, and he was all good with it, except he was living with an older woman who wasn't married, and he would have to move out. They were just roommates, and he had been homeless before that. So he got really upset, and the members present were not helping, and in fact were making it worse.
We tried to get out of the lesson on time, but the members started talking about the temple, and about my companion's future husband, which was incredibly awkward because this investigator had professed his love for her previously, and the members just kept going off and wouldn't let us teach. Then the lesson became an hour and a half. No one could get in a word because everyone was interrupting each other, and we just had to get out of there. But before we left, our investigator was so upset that he told us that after he walked out of this lesson, he wasn't coming back to church, he wasn't going to watch conference, and he wasn't going to be baptized. He never wanted to step foot in the church again.
So we left, and then we did exchanges, which helped me relieve the stress, but it was a bad lesson.

But then!

After we got our smartphones, there was a voicemail from our investigator, and he said that he had prayed about it and seen the light, so now he's wondering where he should move to. I almost started crying when I heard that.

So that is a huuuuuge miracle.

Then we stopped by a family who is investigating, and they were doing an Easter Egg hunt that we got to me apart of! It was so cute, and the Sister did a little Instagram live and had us share a scripture about Christ and everything. Then we gave them "I am a child of God" stickers and little scratch pads. They adored it, and we love their family.

I also had a member tell me how bad my acne is and he gave me something for it. This is the same member who came to the lesson with us. But he's a cool dude. And that stuff does not work...

We also have an upcoming baptism this weekend! They are the Capurro family, and the missionaries having been teaching them for over a year now. They would come to church and knew that the Gospel was true, they just didn't want to get married, so they couldn't get baptized. Them the missionaries committed them one day to a wedding date, and they got married. Now Gordon, Becca, and their little girl Olivia are getting baptized this Saturday!!!

Not much else to report on expect that I'm having the time of my life here. Things have gone by sooo fast and I can't believe it's already April. My companion has told me that it only gets faster and faster and before you know it you're fat. But it's a good fat. We call it mission frump. Can't fight the frump.

I hope that you all had an amazing Easter, and let me know if you need anything. Cuz I am a servant of the Lord and I shall help as much as I can.

Y'all are awesome.

Happy Easter! And go back and listen to each of the Conference talks again. And if you didn't have the chance to watch any, at least listen to Sister Reyna I. Aburto's talk. It's super cool

For letters, our address is 
 635 9th Street
 #204 Sparks, NV

And y'all may be broke college students and such, but you can give what you got *wink wink just kidding but kind of not really but i am*
1146 Prater Way Sparks NV 
^^ that's for packages

QQs:

"Spawn!" - a mother calling to her daughter

Brother Mooney texting us "When can we feed you!!!!?" " I know you are hungry all the time! When?"

Me giving a blue pen to a boy who said it was purple: "What are you, colorblind??"
Mom: "Yes. He is."

"Don't text your girlfriends." - Elder Peterson
"Unless you feel prompted to." - Elder Bridge
"I get violent, but in a non violent way." - Sister Morgan.

"All I can do is mildly sigh." - Me

A methodist churches sign, which I just- cannot: "Yolo. JK. LOL. BRB - Jesus"
"Jesus rose, because you can't keep a good man down on Sunday"
^^ These exasperate me

Elder Olsen: *voices fades from phone and screams at compaion* "You are prophet? He's a prophet?" "I'll ask him tomorrow when I remove him from the floor."
"Hermbergers"

"Grandpa always loved the baseball cards." - Sister Roush

Comments

Popular Posts