Skyping, Singing, Cutting Hair, Rejoicing! Life as a Missionary in Sparks Nevada!





Fam.... literally. #blessed #miracles #findinglotsofpineapples #jurassicworlddoritosbecauseican'tseetheactualmoviebutthat'sokaybecausei'monamission

There have been some super crazy miracles this week!!

Start of the week: We have been trying to get in contact with this referral named Keith, and we've stopped at his house and literally met his entire family each time, but he was never there. So we were walking back from a lesson, and a truck was driving down the street and we waved to it. The truck stopped, and the man asked us if we were looking for him. I immediately knew he was Keith and shook his hand. He is excited to have us over, and really wants to meet with the missionaries!!

Then there was a previous investigator who had completely dropped us and didn't want anything to do with us. We gave her space, and she blocked us on Facebook. Well, the other day I got a friend request from her. She said that she misses us, and loves us. She is not quite ready to go back to religion yet, but Donna is getting there. This is her first step back.

Later in the week: We were in an apartment complex looking for some pineapples. and we took a wrong turn, but then I knew that it wasn't a wrong turn. It was the right turn in the right direction, except it was left and it was "wrong." Make sense?
Anyways!
There was a really solid investigator named Irma that we were teaching for a while, and she had moved, and we lost all contact with her. We tried calling, texting, facebooking, facetiming, messaging her daughter, and searching around the apartment complex she had moved into. Well,
We were walking in that "wrong direction," and we turned around a saw a man walking to the dumpster. We waved and said hi, but Sister Morgan recognized him. He was Irma's husband! He told us exactly where she was, and we immediately headed over. 
We saw her and now we have an appointment!!
This was such a crazy miracle because we have been searching for her forever! It wasn't even in the complex she said, but miracles happen when you're doing the right thing.

I skyped my family, and my sister said that I looked pregnant because of how much weight I've gained.

It's true.

Also! I cut my hair!!!! Not a big deal just kind of a big deal.

We also met a lady who has skeletons all over her house, and has a Chucky doll in her window to scare off kids. She is super cool and is obsessed with Harley Quinn. We are planning on getting in more contact with her and her family to be able to teach her. She is super chill, and has the cutest pitbull that everyone is afraid of because it growls all the time, but it just wants to play.

I pet so many puppies this week. And so many cats. I love it!

This has been such an amazing week and so filled with revelation. We go and we teach, and we study for these people, and we receive revelation on what we need to teach, and it's literally perfect for the person. 
I love how true the gospel is.

If there's ever a doubt, you pray.
If you're strong in the gospel, you pray.
You should always pray no matter what.

I love this mission with all of my heart!!

Send Letters to 

Packages to 

I love you all! Happy Mother's Day!

QQs:
"I've always wanted to do puns in my life, but I don't know what puns are."
- Sister Graser

"Don't get exhuasted... from working on your exhaust. That was a joke. Okay bye." - me during a really awkward street contact

"I wake up, and I always have to blow my nose." - Sister Graser
"Maybe it's a condition." - Sister McDearmont

"He can't have open lobes." - Sister Graser on a kid with gages

"Your Portuguese husband just gained 10 pounds." - Sister Morgan to Sister Graser

"OOo I want ice cream." - Sister Graser
"No you don't. You're lactose." - Me

"You have a referral in St Petersburg. Do you have enough miles for that?"
- Daniel the referral guy

"Nothing tastes bad after a Dorito." - Me

"Don't make me self-conscious about chopping up my meat." - Me

Comments

Popular Posts